Costa Rica is starting to fade into a distant memory (I now wonder, was blood pressure that low and breaths that deep really possible??), but I can still taste this Open-Faced Hummus Beet Sandwich on my tongue.
This creamy, crunchy, spicy combo pairs perfectly with a sweet mango on the side.
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 cup arugula
- ¼ cup pickled beets (or sliced steamed/roasted beets)
- ¼ cup hummus
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Toast the whole grain bread.
- Layer hummus on each slice of whole grain bread with the arugula and pickled beets.
- Season with sesame seeds and pepper to taste.