We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: making it vegan doesn’t mean making it wimpy.
Kayli came up with a great way to drop the dairy from one of our favorite breakfast staples – overnight oats. We love the simplicity of this breakfast- throw some stuff in a bowl the night before and when you wake up, breakfast is served!
Sounds great, but what about the dudes? I’m super hungry in the morning so how do I make sure I’m not running on empty by 9am? Here’s how I make my (manly) overnight oats.
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 2 heaping tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1.5 cups nondairy milk (I use soy or almond)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen fruit
- ¼ cup nuts or seeds
- 2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine
- Refrigerate overnight
- Enjoy in the morning
Stay informed and inspired with our bi-monthly newsletter. Sign up!