My 10-ingredient PROBAR hack is a big hit in our house. Have any of you tried a batch of your own? I’ve been experimenting with different ingredients and ratios and I must share this version – Dark Chocolate Sea Salt & Fig Bars. The salty-sweet comination is a winner!
- 1 cup whole unsalted almonds
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup ground flaxseeds
- 8 dried figs
- 12 pitted dried dates
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- heaping ½ cup brown rice syrup
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease or line a 9" x 7" baking dish with parchment paper.
- Soak dates and figs in a bowl of water.
- Grind flax seeds in coffee grinder.
- Combine almonds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, oats into a food processor. Pulse until almonds are mostly chopped in quarters. Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Combine dates and figs into the food processor. Process until the mixture turns into a paste.
- Add fruit mixture and brown rice syrup to the large mixing bowl. Mix until brown rice syrup is evenly distributed to bind all ingredients together. I've found that this step is best done with your hands!
- Firmly press mixture into pan/baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- When cool, cut into bars.
Have you tried one of our recipes? Please visit the post and rate it!
We love seeing your plant-based creations on social media too- tag your posts with #planteatersmanifesto so we can share them!