As fall weather sets in, the pull toward a heaping bowl of raw greens begins to fade. Fresh salads just don’t have the same appeal once you’ve traded your sundresses for sweaters. Enter this salad dressing: Creamy Cashew-Cayenne Dressing.
The creamy texture gives a sense of heartiness and the hint of cayenne warms you. The flavor of this Creamy Cashew-Cayenne Dressing pairs perfectly with autumn produce like roasted sweet potatoes, pear slices and dark, leafy ribbons of kale.
Dare I say it might actually make crave cozying up to a seasonal salad?
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 pitted dates
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- If you are not using a high-speed blender, soak cashews and dates in water for 30 min. Drain and proceed to the next step.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.