We are currently having a fig moment at our house. Fig bars, fig jam, fig chutney, fig smoothies… and these.
Cocoa Fig Truffles. Eat them as a snack, for a sweet treat, freeze them for later, or wrap them up and gift them. They get a little gooey at room temperature, but I think that is one of their loveliest traits. There’s something really gratifying about licking sweet, sticky, figgy cocoa powder off your fingers when you are finished.
- ½ cup dried figs
- 3 pitted Medjool dates
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided (Hershey's Special Dark is my favorite)
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- In a food processor, combine figs and dates and blend into a paste.
- Add almond butter, coconut oil and ¼ cup cocoa powder. Blend until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse until incorporated.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized portions and roll into balls. Roll balls in remaining cocoa powder to coat.
- Store in freezer or refrigerator.
Are you in St. Louis?
Join me next week to kick off TechArtista’s new Foodie Club with a plant-based happy hour. I’ll be serving up some killer plant-based bites and beverages. You’ll meet some really cool like-minded foods and get first dibs on limited registration for upcoming events hosted by awesome St. Louis food makers (supper clubs, classes, and pop ups!). Sign up here!