There’s nothing cozier than this Chickpea Noodle Soup. It’s like a warm blanket for your belly, a hug for your soul. Make a huge pot on Sunday and heat it up for dinner all week long.
Chickpea Noodle Soup
Author: Kayli Dice
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 4 servings
There's nothing cozier than this Chickpea Noodle Soup. It's like a warm blanket for your belly, a hug for your soul. Make a huge pot on Sunday and heat it up for dinner all week long.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 6 celery stalks, diced
- 8 cups water
- 4 oz. whole wheat pasta
- 2 heaping tbsp. white miso paste
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- Black pepper
- Heat soup pot over medium and add a few tablespoons of water. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Water sauté until veggies soften (about 5 minutes).
- Add water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta.
- When pasta is almost cooked, stir in miso paste, nutritional yeast, and chickpeas.
- When pasta is tender, turn off heat and fold in spinach leaves until wilted.
- Season with pepper and serve with crusty bread.