I cringe at the common assumption that a plant-based diet is all salads, lawn clippings and deprivation. I also cringe every time I have no choice but to reinforce this false belief at social events when a sorry-ass veggie tray is the only vegan option. There I stand munching on some limp celery and dusty-looking carrots (you know what I’m talking about) while everyone else digs in to cheesy dips and shrimp cocktail and thinks “yep, just what I suspected – being vegan totally sucks.”
Not so! We dominate nachos smothered in butternut squash ‘cheese’ sauce, we crush plates of fries and giant burgers, and we definitely demolish vegan chocolate anything. So, if the thought of boring “rabbit food” keeps you from giving plant-based a try, know this: there is a vast and beautiful world of incredible, satisfying, indulgent plant-based food.
Let’s start with ice cream that you can make in a blender in less than 5 minutes with just 3 ingredients. And if you’re a chocoholic like us, we HIGHLY suggest you whip up our Double Chocolate Breakfast Brownies to go with your Berry Soft-Serve. There’s nothing better than warm, gooey, fresh-out-of-the-oven brownies topped with a scoop of creamy, sweet soft-serve.
Despite what you’ve witnessed around that skimpy veggie tray, trust me: plant eaters know how to party.
- 1 banana
- ¾ cup frozen mixed berries
- ½ cup nondairy milk (you may need a little more or less depending on your blender and size of bananas)
- Night before: peel banana, break into chunks, and freeze
- Combine frozen banana, berries and milk in blender and blend until creamy and thick. If your blender has difficulty blending smoothly, add a splash more milk.
- Serve with our Double Chocolate Breakfast Brownies!