These Crispy Lentils are so simple it feels like cheating. You bake some lentils until they get crispy, adding crunchy, whole-food protein to any meal you want. That's it.
Adding them to a salad is an obvious choice, but let your imagination go wild… A wrap. Granola. Trail mix. Avocado toast. Oatmeal. Add some liquid smoke and some spices: bacon bits.
Add these to your arsenal. Do it.
- black lentils
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cook lentils on a stovetop, using 3 cups of water to 1 cup of dry lentils.
- Bring to a boil, cover tightly, reduce heat and simmer until they are tender. For whole lentils, cook time is typically 15-20 minutes.
- Add lentils to a strainer. Let the water drain for 5 minutes.
- Spread lentils on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until dry and crispy, mixing lentils occasionally for even cooking. .