This smoothie has super powers.
The cherries – anthocyanin in the cherries decrease muscle soreness and shortens recovery time.
The bananas – bananas enhance exercise performance and replenish glycogen (the energy in your muscles) just as well as sports drinks.
The tofu (yes, the tofu) – the plant protein is beautifully packaged with antioxidants, fiber and countless other healthful nutrients. Tofu matches yogurt in protein AND calcium.
In the mood for ice cream? Decrease the amount of milk in the recipe (by about half). The result will be a thick and creamy spoonable Cherry Lime Soft Serve.
- 2 bananas, peeled and frozen
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- ⅓ block of firm tofu, drained
- 1 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- Juice and zest of 1 lime (zest optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.