It’s May and it’s smoothie season.
Yep, you read that right- we’re having tofu for breakfast! Trust me, it’s genius. Tofu delivers a creamy texture and a lovely boost of whole-food, plant-based protein and calcium. This version, the Tropical Tofu Smoothie, is tart, sweet and rich. And the nutrient profile is killer. 20 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber. Badda-bing.
- 8 oz. silken tofu (1/2 package)
- 1 cup unsweetened frozen strawberries
- ½ cup unsweetened frozen pineapple or frozen mango (or ¼ cup of each)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 cup unsweetened soymilk (or any nondairy milk)
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
I have some super incredible ideas in store for sprucing up this breakfast beauty. Stay tuned…
Have you tried one of our recipes? Please visit the post and rate it!
We love seeing your plant-based creations- tag your posts with #planteatersmanifesto and see them appear on our new social page!