Oil-free hash browns? Say what?
They’re a game changer folks, especially with some tofu scramble. Crispy, savory, and satisfying. Who says you can’t have WFPB brunch?
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- black pepper to taste
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 potatoes
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 avocado
- Hot sauce
- Slice open avocado, remove pit, and scoop out flesh. Cut flesh into slices.
- Rinse potato.Using a food processor with a grater attachment or a handheld grater, grate potato into hashbrown-like shreds.
- Preheat oven to 400F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread potato shreds onto prepared baking sheet, making sure not to pile them too high. Sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the underside of the potatoes gets brown and crispy. Flip potatoes, and bake for another 5 minutes to crisp and brown the second side.
- Drain and press tofu between two layers of paper towels or dish towels to remove as much water as possible. Crumble the tofu with your hands into a small bowl Add soy sauce, nutritional yeast, turmeric, chili powder, cumin, and black pepper and lightly stir until the tofu is evenly covered. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add tofu mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, until the tofu is heated through and as dry as you like it. It will lose quite a bit of water. Just before the tofu is done, add spinach. When spinach is wilted, remove from heat. Serve tofu scramble alongside hash browns, topped salsa, avocado, and hot sauce.