We think Basic Bean Burgers are pretty easy to make.
But, I get it. Maybe you don’t have a food processor. Or maybe assembling the three pieces of your processor is more than you can muster. This recipe is for you. They truly are the easiest bean burgers ever.
All you need: a bowl, a fork, 3 ingredients, and a sheet pan. If you have those things, you are ready to party.
- 3 cups cooked black beans (or two cans, drained and rinsed)
- ¾ cup quick oats
- ½ cup sauce (I used leftover Creamy Buffalo Sauce. See notes for recipe link and alternatives)
- Salt, pepper, and other spices (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mash with a fork until a chunky dough forms. You want to leave some whole beans, but you want the dough to be mashed enough that it sticks together well. Taste and add salt/pepper/seasonings to your liking.
- If you have time, refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Divide and shape dough into 8 patties. Arrange on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes, flip, and bake for another 5-6 minutes until a golden brown crust forms.
- Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers for up to one week or freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
More sauce options: BBQ sauce, ketchup, mustard, salad dressing, pasta sauce, thai peanut sauce, or any of our aioli sauces. Use any combination of these to compose a ½ cup of sauce.