Our crack biscuits got a makeover. This new version- Thai Sweet Potato Biscuits- is a little edgier, spicier and nuttier. We think you’re gonna love ’em. What should you pair these beautiful Thai-inspired biscuits with? We’ve got an idea, so stay tuned… In the meantime, slather them with peanut butter and a squeeze of lime.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1¾ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Earth Balance or coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Crushed red pepper
- Prick sweet potato several times with a fork, place in a microwave-safe bowl with a splash of water, cover with a paper towel, and microwave until it is soft and cooked to the center. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cold butter/oil. Pulse until the butter/oil is incorporated.
- Peel the cooled sweet potato and cut into chunks.
- Add sweet potato chunks, honey and peanuts to the food processor and pulse until a dough forms. (You may need to dump the dough into a bowl and finish combining by hand. Dough will be sticky.)
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Gently flatten each ball with the palm of your hand. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just barely golden brown.
Have you tried one of our recipes? Please visit the post and rate it!
We love seeing your plant-based creations- tag your posts with #planteatersmanifesto and see them appear on our new social page!