Warning: this is one of the simplest, tastiest snacks you’ll ever make (right up there with dipping a spoon in the peanut butter jar).
Sometimes a piece of fruit is sort of boring. Don’t get me wrong, I love fruit, but my sentiments are less… “Yay! I can barely contain my excitement! It’s time to eat my apple!” … and more… “I’m hungry for a snack- I guess I’ll eat that apple I packed.” Can anybody empathize?
This lack of enthusiasm leaves of vulnerable to other snacky foods that might be lurking nearby when snacktime rolls around like, say, Peanut M&M’s (ahm James, do you have something to confess to our fine readers??).
If you are experiencing Fruit Burnout (FBO- it’s a legit diagnosis), I have a cure. A simple fruit salad that is spicy, sweet, and unexpected. It will get you excited for snacktime.
- 2 cups of fruit cut into chunks (I used frozen pineapple chunks, banana, apple, and orange)
- ¼ an avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nuts (or cashews)
- ½ lime
- sprinkle of cayenne
- In a bowl, combine cut up fruit, avocado and nuts.
- Squeeze lime juice onto the mixture and sprinkle with cayenne.
- Stir and let sit for at least 30 minutes if possible to allow the flavorws to marry.
- Get excited for snacktime!
Have you tried one of our recipes? Please visit the post and rate it!
We love seeing your plant-based creations- tag your posts with #planteatersmanifesto and see them appear on our new social page!