Last week, I hosted the first of many Foodie Club events at TechArtista. Every month we will gather together with a different local chef, food expert or maker to learn, connect and dine together. (Subscribe to our newsletter at the bottom of the post to be alerted of new events). At this month’s gathering I brought the appetizers. This Raw Lime Tart emerged as the favorite.
Summer Happy Hour Menu:
This menu is perfect for a summer cocktail party.
Basic Bean Burgers made with black beans and shaped into mini sliders
Chipotle Aioli atop the sliders (recipe coming soon!)
Kinfolk Magazine’s Watermelon Salad threaded on to skewers for portability (I added mint and basil)
Raw Lime Tarts (recipe below)
While we snacked, we traded restaurant recommendations, recipes and formed a few groups for supper clubs at our house. My friend Anna brought her famous cookies.
- ¾ cup walnuts (plus more for garnish)
- ¾ cup Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (plus more for garnish)
- Pinch of salt
- 1½ avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 bananas
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup water
- Juice of 3 limes, plus zest
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil
- ¼ cup Unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup maples syrup
- Pinch of salt
- In a food processor, combine Tart Base ingredients and process until well-combined into a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine all Tart Filling ingredients and blend until completely smooth.
- Divide Tart Base mixture among 20 small cups or muffin cups. Layer Tart Filling on top of each serving of the Tart Base. Garnish with leftover walnuts and shredded coconut.
- Freeze tarts for at least 30 minutes (up to 6 hours). Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.