Loaded Mexican Sweet Potato = dinner in < 10 minutes.
This recipe is concocted from ingredients we always have on-hand: sweet potatoes, canned beans, avocado, greens (fresh or frozen), salsa, and nutritional yeast. Like most of our recipes, the base of this one is a blueprint. No salsa? Use BBQ sauce or salad dressing. No canned beans? Use edamame or hummus. There’s a million different ways to spin this recipe… but all of them can be ready in under 10 minutes.
- 1 sweet potato, washed
- ½ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ avocado, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ lime
- Pepper to taste
- With a fork, poke holes all over potato and wrap in a paper towel.
- Microwave the sweet potato on high for about 8 minutes, or until tender all the way to the center. Carefully slice open when it's cool enough to handle.
- Stuff the sweet potato with a handful of baby spinach and black beans. Microwave for 30 seconds to wilt spinach and warm beans.
- Top with salsa, avocado, nutritional yeast, and a squeeze of lime.