Weekends are for a slower pace. The alarm clock gets a break and the day’s activities become more leisurely- farmers’ market, brunch, beers with friends, reading and writing on the patio. Tons of black coffee taken to-go from our favorite roaster is the perfect companion for long walks to the bookstore.
By Monday, we are usually ready for something lighter to balance out the beers and brunch. Our classic green juice offers that balance- the perfect way to kick off a fast-paced workweek. A big green juice was especially welcomed this week after a longer stretch of leisure and only four work days to take care of business. This juice is made even simpler by relying on a blender instead of a juicer. We find cleaning the many, many parts of our juicer way too cumbersome for weekday mornings. Learn more about why we blend instead of juice in this video.
- 1 cup frozen spinach (our secret to always having greens on hand without worry of spoilage)
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ teaspoon powdered ginger
- pinch of stevia (optional)
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.