Most mornings, you’ll catch us eating oats in one form or another – a classic bowl of oatmeal, our all-time-favorite overnight oats, granola, or baked oatmeal. We swear the rest of our day just doesn’t quite go right without them.
This Blueberry Baked Oatmeal makes regular rolled oats feel special enough for a lazy Sunday brunch. It’s also great for busy weekdays- make it ahead, slice it up, grab and go.
- 2½ cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2½ cups nondairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1½ cups frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 450F and lightly oil a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, baking powder, and walnuts.
- Add milk, applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and blueberries. Stir until evenly combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish and gently smooth out the surface. Bake for 45 minutes or until browned and bubbly around the edges.
- Cool at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve topped with a splash of nondairy milk, a dollop of peanut butter and extra berries!